Contributed Tech Stuff - Tips & Tricks
Contributed by F. Robert Falbo
Disclaimer: Information and ideas contained in this section are solely those of the contributor(s) and not those of Harley-Davidson®, Harley-Davidson® of Uica, H.O.G.®, or the Erie Canal H.O.G.® Chapter.
EITMS - Engine Idle Temperature Management. When the engine reaches a set temperature, the ECM will shut-off the rear cylinder when idling. On bikes with Throttle-By-Wire you can toggle EITMS on/off...
- 1. Turn the ingnition/acc switch to IGNITION..
- 2. Place the run/stop switch in RUN.
- 3. Twist the throttle forward (opposite of accelerate) until it stops and hold it.
- 4. After 1-2 seconds the Cruise Indicator will flash: Green=On, Orange=Off.
- 5. Each twist & hold will toggle the EITMS on or off. The last color displayed will be the setting it stays in until you do it again.